There can be lot of different reasons for renting a car. It can be any special occasion like wedding, function, business trip, or it can be a vacation holidays. Renting a car at another place can be very exciting and adventurous rather than to rely on public transport because, you have freedom to go at some of those exciting place which you might miss by using public transport. But before getting car for rent few of things should be kept in mind rather than getting in any of the problem later. And here are few of the tips which can be used while renting car.
1. There’s lot of option are available in car nowadays, from different models to different size of cars. So, it’s advisable to know in advance that what kind of car you are willing to hire rather than ending up by getting wrong car. If there are 2 people travelling small sized car is a good option, and if someone is travelling with family than some what bigger size of car is good.
2. As per the rule of renting cars 25 is the minimum age for renting a car. And if the person who is renting a car is under 25 than that person might have to pay some extra fees as compared to that regular fees. But, at some of the place it’s accepted if the person is under 25. So, it’s better to check it that what the rule of that place is.
3. It’s better to ask it that whether any other person of your group can drive the car you rent or not. Because, generally the person who is signing the document is the only person who is liable to drive the car. So, it’s better first to get to know that can any other person can drive it or not because, if any problem happen later like any accident occur than the person who is driving is liable for it. And if the person who is driving is not the one liable for driving car as per rental agencies than it can create problem.
4. It’s better to check all the necessary documents before renting a car. If you are at foreign country than they will ask for the international driving license and a photo identity proof like your passport. So, it’s better to keep all this things handy. And the rental agencies will check all this to know that whether the person is legal to drive the car or not.
5. Before signing the agreement do make the routine service of your car like, to check the air in tyres, clean and everything like, to get to know where the extra tyre and all is available.
6. It’s better to ask in advance that what will be the extra charge, because as per the rule if you exceed after certain mileage you have to pay some of the extra fees. And to return the car with that much amount of fuel as you got at time of signing the agreement. So, if you don’t bring the car back with tank full you might have to pay little extra fees on that too.