Ever wanted to travel to an exotic locale but the pocketbook says otherwise? Below is a list of top ten travel destinations which combine history and culture as well as value for the traveler on a budget:
1. Nepal – Offers trekking, guided jungle tours, and temples of Kathmandu which date back to the 8th century. Hotels for under $10 are easy to find.
2. Belize – One of the cheapest Caribbean resort destinations offers scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing, jungle expeditions mixed with Mayan culture.
3. Jordan is a safe and welcoming country where most people speak some English and offers the ancient city of Petra and stunning desert scapes of Wadi Rum.
4. Sicily is noticeably cheaper than the main tourist cities in northern Italy and offers plentiful seafood, abundant wine, the capital of Palermo, ancient Greek ruins and Mount Etna.
5. Queenstown, New Zealand – Offers snowboarding and skiing during winter along with bungee-jumping, hiking, and nightlife all year round. Plenty of public transportation available to get around only adds to the convenience of traveling through this city and keeps it on this top ten travel destinations list.
6. Israel- the holy land. Israel is where three religions are met in historical view. You can visit Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Eilat, Haifa, Beit Lehem, Natzeret and Tveriya.
7. Chiang Mai, Thailand – Offers over 300 Buhddist Temples and the famous Night Bazaar which offers unique crafts and fashions. Hotel rooms start around $5 per night and mini-resorts can be rented for not much more than that.
8. Morocco – Offers trekking the Atlas Mountain Ranges, the capital of Casablanca, and exquisite Middle Eastern cuisine which definitely makes it one of the top ten travel destinations.
9. Budapest – Offers the old town district of Castle Hill, hearty food, classic architecture, and historic Hungarian villages.
10. Buenos Aires – Offers a cosmopolitan city with something for everyone, including a diverse nightlife and hearty meals to include the infamous Argentine BBQ beef.